Saturday, December 22, 2007

This past year at work we drew for prayer partners, we do not know who gets our name until the end of the year. We pray for each other and give small gifts throughout the year or whatever you want to do. The person who had my name has very limited means. So, thoughout this year I really enjoyed receiving my favorite candy bar. I recieved a Christmas gift from her. She had embroided flour sack towels with apples. My kitchen has an apple theme. Her gifts really humbled me. She gave from her heart. Now, I am not saying that a boughten gift is not given from the heart, but it is given out of our abundance. So, for me to recieve from someone who I know has a hard time making ends meets. It is humbling. It is not the gift, but the thought behind it that counts. She is one of Christ's servants. I know that she didn't go to her dept Christmas party because she couldn't afford to buy a gift for the gift exchange. She does make handmade things, which are worth more than any item you could buy.

I pray that all of you who read this has a very blessed Christmas and New Year.

2 comments:

WaynO said...

Can't help but leave a little note. I spent a few days before Christmas back home (transplant to NE also Deb) in Wyoming with family there. Did not check much email or anything else but enough to find out one of my old friends mother has liver cancer.
I went to visit and discovered that his younger sister has an issue with God. As I offered to pray she took her coat, said not for me and left the house. I have seen a lot of negative stuff but that really shocked me,
I prayed and continue to.
I am a bahumbug also but did a little better this year. Wonder if we should start a Christmas humbug anonymous?????
WaynO

Debra said...

We could. This year has actually been a lot better.God, let me know that I have been looking the wrong direction during this time of year. Even though, I thought I was focusing on God, I still let the stresses of season bog me down. This year, I did not do that.(maybe a little)but not as I have in the past.My focus was on the birth of my Savior and not what I thought others were expecting from me and what I expected of others.