Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A New Year: Moving Forward

Happy New Year!! I am looking forward to 2008, not because 2007 was bad or anything. I just like moving forward. A friend said to me today that if we are not moving forward, we go backward. There is no staying where we are. I do not want to move backward. I have been moving forward in Christ ever since, I asked him to save me. Sometimes I have felt that I haven't done much moving forward and then I look back at where I have been. There has been a lot of forward movement. I have realized God moves us at a pace that we can handle. Change is not always easy and the old creatures in us don't realize that they were put to death,(like the bad guys from horror movies, they get killed off and keep coming back)so do some of the old creatures in us.(yes, there are more than one.) But, fortunately we have God that can help us get rid of the old creatures.Some of mine have left forever(are completely dead) and some, are harder to get rid of, because sometimes I think we keep them around. We shove them into dark corners and pretend they are not there and then when we least expect it, they jump out and we are like I thought I had gotten the best of that creature, so why is he still here, because we really did not get rid of him. God so graciously helps us to get rid of those unwanted creatures, when he knows that we are ready to face them and when we acknowledge them, they are goners. The creatures are different for all of us. But God is the same. He never changes. He is always there waiting for us to ask him into every aspect of our lives. Revelation 3:20 says"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." So, invite God to help you get rid of those pesky creatures.

On another note, I am asking for prayers for my children, they have both just made some major moves in their lives and I am just praying that God will move in their lives.

Would like to hear from anyone reading this.

2 comments:

WaynO said...

Ah, the creatures that haunt us. I wonder sometimes if I keep a few around for an excuse? If I just want to hold onto the old stuff so I don't get lonesome or if it is more I am unwilling to surrender all of me to God??? Great thoughts, WaynO

Debra said...

I have to agree. Sometimes,I have thought it would have been great to be totally changed into a new creature all at once and not have to battle the old self, that doesn't realize that I have been made new. But then I think what would I have learned.
Deb