Sunday, November 11, 2007

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel I need to be learning everything I can about God's word and I don't think that I can learn that on Sunday morning alone. Sunday is a day for group worship. I think the real learning comes from actually doing Bible studies and sharing what you are hearing from God. I like learning with and from others. This last month I have been having some Ah Ha moments if you will. I feel I have been led to step out and share with others and hopefully others will share on this blog, with comments and questions. I know that sometimes it is hard to make that commitment to attend a Bible study. But if you like being on the computer, it is another way to study and not have to leave your house. You can do it when you want to. No time frame. You can log on anytime you want.

I named the blog, I have hidden your word in my heart. It is from Psalm 119:11. Because without knowing God's word how can we stand against the enemy we face daily? The whole scripture is: I have hidden your word in my heart; that I might not sin against you. The enemy we face daily is the sin we commit, knowingly and unknowingly. The story that inspired this for me, is from "Having a Mary Spirit" by Johanna Weaver. She tells the story of her 4 year-old son, they came home late one night form church, it was a very dark night and as they were walking up to their house, the deep-pitch of a large dog started barking and in a quivering little voice her son began to quote, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrew 13:6,He didn't look to her,but to God. That where we need to go, but do we? Do we have his word hidden in our hearts and can if we know the scripture do we know where to find the reference. I don't. I know it woul help me to be a better witness. I haven't always felt memorizing scripture was important, partly because I was having trouble memorizing scripture. I have been reading "Having a Mary Spirit" by Johanna Weaver and she tells how to memorize scripture it seems to be working for me. Will share those tips at a later time.

Yes, we do face the enemy every day. We just aren't always aware that, that is what is happening. The enemy, Satan knows our weaknesses and he nudges us ever so subtely, to usually do the very thing we do not want to do. Then we are like, I shouldn't have said that or reacted like that. But, we can overcome those thngs if God is in the fore front of our lives. I want to be a good witness for Christ and through some things that happened recently, I realized I haven't been the witness I need to be and want to be.

I am doing a study on a blog. It is on stewardship and it is awesome will have the link on here. So check it out.

So, I do welcome your comments.

No comments: