Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A little earlier I posted a devotion called "Is My Jesus Enough". Lysa TerKeurst made a declaration in this devotion, that Jesus was enough. I will declare this myself. I think Jesus is Enough. I say that because, looking back over my life, there were days when the hurts and trials were too much to bear and I didn't think I could make another day without slipping into some black hole. But Jesus came and picked me up, dusted me off and whispered, it will be ok. You can make it with me because I am all you need. I will not disappoint you, I will not leave you. You are never alone when you have faith and trust in me. God's word tells us he will never forsake us. God's word reassures me. When I have picked up my Bible and asked God a question or need reassurance, I have found it in scripture.

1 comment:

WaynO said...

Just a question when you say Jesus is enough. Enough what?? I would have to add that he is enough strength, courage, wisdom, enough for me to live like I am filled full with him.
One of my peeves with the church is that Jesus is all I need and that leaves so many without a mission.
It is true but not a complete answer. Is this correct of me to think this way?????
WaynO